the king and the pauper

Jan Ek wrote  "I think of the relief that Niven rescued, now in Rosslyn
Chapel, that depicts the king and the pauper aside their skeletons, remind
us how in the end, very similar we ALL are.'

I asked if anyone had any information about this rescue. I have seen the
stone but do not know it's history. Andrew Sinclair in his book "The Sword
and the Grail" says that he rescued the described stone. Can anyone tell the
story of the stone? Where did Jan Ek get the story and how is Andrew
Sinclair involved?

Sinclair