Re: Fake Nostradamus.....

>This is not Nostradamus and it is not a fake
>

>"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of
>the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of
>charity and good will shephards the weak through the valley of darkness, for
>he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I
>will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who
>attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the
>Lord When I lay my vengeance upon thee..." -Jules PULP FICTION

This appears to be a mishmash of various Biblical verses, such as Ezekiel
25:17:
``And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
  and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance
  upon them.''

Seems to me we've just had enough people playing God.
Doesn't it any better whether the name is Allah or Jahweh
or an Eye for an Eye or Mother Nature or karma.  It's not our job.

If you're trying to say those who organized the deed must be found
and stopped, I agree.  But let us have justice, not vengeance.
Let our justice stop at the perpetrators.  Let us not breed more of them
by indiscriminate revenge.  Let us seek real solutions to the causes;
let us find what nourished their hate and fix that so that it does not
grow again.

May I recommend some other verses, Romans 12:19-21:

 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves,
    but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written,

    Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. [Deuteronomy 32.35]

 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him;
    if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing
    thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [Proverbs 25.21, 22]

 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

In WWII the Allies applied what force was necessary,
and then the U.S. applied the Marshall Plan.  That worked.
Let us break the cycle of hate and revenge.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>