New Topic Crest

Dear Group:

I have written about many things related to the Sinclairs, and have
posted them to this group.  For the most part the silence has been
deafening.

Here's a list:

My website http://www.jnisbet.com has the story of my translation of a
coded inscription on a stone in Temple, Scotland, that supports a theory
many of you claim (some passionately so) to believe: that Prince Henry
St. Clair made a voyage to America almost 100 years before Christopher
Columbus.  I logged many "hits" on that website, subsequent to ONLY
announcing it to the Sinclair Discussion Group, but no one seemed to
have anything to say about it--not even those who should have the most
to say.  Why is that?

Those of you who are interested specifically in the legend of the Holy
Grail might have been interested that my article also supports the
theory that Mary Magdalene and Jesus married and had children,
establishing a "Holy Bloodline," which many think IS the very cup
itself.  It was mentioned by a prominent member of this group that the
descent of the "female" bloodline is more important than that the male,
and I then posted that there is a "grailstone" within the Temple ruin
that is the gravestone of a woman--and a 20th-century one at that.

Those of you who are interested in whether or not the Templars (and/or
their "knowledge") survived beyond the Battle of Bannockburn might have
been interested that my translation of the coded inscription also
indicates that, yes, that may have been the case.

My article about the Battle of Bannockburn which mentions several
Sinclairs, and excerpts a small section of Tim Wallace-Murphy's book
"Rex Deus," can be FREELY downloaded (as previously posted) at
http://atlantisrising.com as a PDF file (issue 31).  It may take a
little while to download, but you might find some worth in the article.
I will post that article on my website when the magazine is off the
stands, which won't be until mid-February.  In a couple of weeks, if you
have had difficulty downloading the file, I will send it to you--if I am
still a member.

To date, I could count the responses to those postings on the fingers of
one hand.  I obviously have barely a clue as to what would interest a
Sinclair, no matter at what depth their interest lies.

Taking a tip from the most recent postings to this list, I will now
contribute something that may capture your imaginations more.  It's
about the cock.

Although not personally related to Alexander Nisbet, who died without
heirs, I may have been descended from collateral branches of his
family.  According to his 1722 "System of Heraldry,"  the cock is "an
emblem of watchfulness, and herald of the approaching day, frequent in
arms and devices; and for its nature and royalty is ensigned with a
diadem singular for its valour, and mirth after victory.  Heralds are
not wanting to make him represent a complete soldier, in courage and
armour, cap-a-pee [this sounds French], making his comb to stand for a
helmet, his chollars for a husk, his hooked bill for a falchion or
cutlas, and his legs armed with spurs." [Brackets mine]

His book then goes on to list many Scottish Afamilies of the name
Cockburn, without mentioning any Sinclairs.

Alexander Nisbet, very knowledgeable in both Heraldry and Scottish
Genealogy, applied several times to get meaningful employment at the
Lord Lyon's office in Edinburgh, but was never accepted into that
tight-knit fold.  He lived basically from hand to mouth, at the good
graces of wealthier and landed relatives.

All Best for Now,

Jeff Nisbet