Re: Sinclair's at war

Willl it include Sinclair who were not in military campaigns but in the
service?

Will it include Sinclair from every century, where there were records?

I myself have started pulling SINCLAIR out of the military records, for
example:

I have found about at least 20 cards (all on microfilm, the reference escape
me at the moment)  on John Sutherland Sinclair (Malcolm's great-great
grandfather who was first married to Mary Gamble in Sandwich {now called
Windsor, Ontario}), the following is what one of the cards say:

SINCLAIR, John Sutherland, Lieut. R.A. {Royal Artillary}
Survey held at H.M.'s dockyard at Amherstburg {Upper Canada} on Bateatux,
July 3, 1800 by order of Capt. McLean, 2nd Batt. R.C.V.?
C.107, Page 81

I also have the LDS (Mormon) finding aid to their Military Records on
Microfilm.

I have order the microfilm for the 31st Regiment of Foot to see if I could
find any SINCLAIR in that regiment.  The microfilm are in order by regiment
than by surname.

I have also found the following info, the microfilm before this one was on
backorder, so I am not able to finished transcribing:

CERTIFICATES OF BIRTH, BAPTISMS & MARRIAGES, & DEATH, WITH WILLS
ADMINISTRATIONS, STATEMENTS OF SERVICE & PERSONAL PAPERS OF OFFICERS & THEIR
FAMILIES

These records had copies of baptisms & marriage records.

LDS #0857932 Page 151
WIDOW: SINCLAIR, Isabella
MAIDEN NAME: SINCLAIR?
RESIDENCE BEFORE MARRIAGE: St. Andrews, Holborn, County of Middlesex
MARRIED: 8 Feb. 1804 St. Leonard, Shoreditch, County of Middlesex (Page 118,
#352)
TO: SINCLAIR, James
HUSBAND'S BIRTH: Feb. 1773 Parish of Jones
HUSBAND'S DEATH: 19 Sep. 1831 Eyemoitte?
HUSBAND'S RESIDENCE BEFORE MARRIAGE: Parish of Brighton
HUSBAND'S OCCUPATION: Captain, 81st Regiment of Foot
HUSBAND'S FATHER: SINCLAIR, David (Occupation: Squarewright in Jones)
HUSBAND'S MOTHER: HOSSACK, Janet

LDS #0857932 Page 155
WIDOW: SINCLAIR, Isabella Louisa
MAIDEN NAME:  McLAREN
FATHER: McLAREN, Peter (merchant)
RESIDENCE AT TIME OF MARRIAGE: Plymouth Grove, Choreton upon Medlock
RESIDENCE AFTER HUSBAND'S DEATH: Charlton Manse, Manchester
MARRIED: 6 Jan. 1850 Parish of Manchester, County of Lancaster (Page 240)
TO: SINCLAIR, John
HUSBAND'S OCCUPATION: Assistant Surgeon, 13th Regiment of the  Light
Dragoons
HUSBAND'S DEATH: 15 Jun 1843 Hampton at 29 yrs.
HUSBAND'S FATHER: SINCLAIR, Duncan (gentleman)
HUSBAND'S RESIDENCE AT TIME OF MARRIAGE: Tilbury Fort, County of Essex
CHILDREN: SINCLAIR, John Edward
CHILD'S BIRTH: 2 Apr. 1841
CHILD'S BAPTISM: 25 Sept. 1841 Manchester
CHILD'REN: SINCLAIR, Isabella Jane
CHILD'S BIRTH: 25th June 1843
CHILD'S BAPTISM:  3 Aug. 1843

LDS #0857932, Page 160
WIDOW: ST. CLAIR, Sarah
MAIDEN NAME: LOGAN
MARRIED: 6 July 1790 Parish of St. Marylebone, County of Middlesex (Page
490)
TO: SINCLAIR, John, Sir, Baronet
HUSBAND'S DEATH: North America (way before 1811)
CHILDREN: SINCLAIR, John (baptism saids John Pilotti)
CHILD'S BIRTH: 14 June 1791
CHILD'S BAPTISM: 10 Oct. 1794 St. Marylebone, County of Middlesex
CHILD'S DEATH: 3 Apr 1811 (in action in Spain on the Pennisula)
CHILD'S OCCUPATION: Lieutenant of the 5th Regiment of Foot

LDS #0857932, Page 165
WIDOW: SINCLAIR, Catherine
MARRIED: Dec 1787
TO: SINCLAIR, Patrick
HUSBAND'S DEATH: 31 Jan. 1820 Parish of Latheron, Lybster, Caithnesshire,
84th year of age
HUSBAND'S OCCUPATION: Lieutenant-General

WANDA SINCLAIR
Rexdale, Ontario