Blood Groups.

At 02:23 PM 13/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
Dear jsq

This is a curious idea that  I had, and my husband thinks it is strange,
but do you remember how we discussed the predominance of red hair in the
family? On the same line of thought, blood groups appear predominantly in
certain populations. Mine is A negative, so is one of my cousins, so is our
treasurer who does not appear to have a connecting line to me. I believe
Dad was A neg, and one of my grandsons is also. Most of my children appear
to be AB, not surprising as their Dad is B positive.

So this is my question. Would people on the Sinclair List who know their
blood type be prepared to take a poll of their family and list the
proportion and type? I must admit I have not yet carried it out in all of
my extended group but I am prepared to, especially if other people think it
may  be worth while for interest.

There  is no need to go into detail of who has what, but there are  4 types
and two RH factors negative and positive. A negative, I am told is one of
the less usual groups so could we list A +, A - , B +, B - , AB +, AB -, O
+, and finally O -. Just how many of each appear in your Sinclair bloodline
because I suspect that we  may have a preponderance of A -. Call it a
hypothesis if you like, but I am just curious.

(I think I may be related to the Elephant's Child.)
I hope this is not perceived as being invasive of privacy, as I do not
intend to publish research, but if there are more of us in the A - bracket
it would be interesting.

Sinead.