look at your headers, please

Periodically it seems appropriate to post the appended extract from the
list introduction.  The whole introduction is always available to you as:

 http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>

Look at your To: header!

   When a list member sends a message to the list, it goes to the list.
   There is no manual intervention. When it goes, it goes. Everybody gets
   it. There is no going back. It's gone. Don't ask me to stop a message
   for you. There is nothing I or anyone else can do about it, no more
   than we can make the sun rise in the west.

   Think before you post. Consider who you intend your message for.

     =>> Look at your To: header <<=

   to see who it will go to. If it says
To: sinclair@quarterman.org

   it will go to the list!

   You wouldn't throw a paper letter in the mail without looking at the
   address on it, would you? Take the same care with your electronic
   mail!