Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

Sinclair and Tim,

As my last letter pointed out, valuable historic information can sometimes be
found in the most biased accounts.  Resorting to ridicule as a means of
dismissing such documents in toto is intellectually equivalent to using an 'ad
hominem' argument... and as we all know, 'ad hominem' attacks are the last
refuge of scoundrels...  shame, shame shame....  surely you can do better than
that!    ;-)    (I couldn't resist.... sorry!)

BTW, a better (but much less colorful) argument against the Catholic
Encyclopedia is that it falls into the category of "rehashing the facts", and
hence is not as valuable as the original source documents.

Joe Erkes