Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

You are correct!  It is for heretical views and the 1908 Catholic
Encyclopaedia does state that.  It is the secular authority that burned
Bruno.
Compare that to the secular authority that crucified men in the Roman
province of Judea, under religious authority. Holy Mother the Church
practiced some tough love.

The Bull will take about a week to translate it is hard to read.

However following the links I came to;
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/3908/militaryorders/christ2.html
 "The extinction of the Temple and the origins of the Military Order of
Christ" further on the page it said "Thus the Military Order of Our Lord
Jesus Christ was founded in 1319 by King D. Dinis I, with the approval of
Pope John XXII given by the Bull Ad ea ex quibus, on March 15th to succeed
to the Order of the Temple within the kingdom of Portugal and of the
Algarves.

The Crown's interests were henceforth guaranteed and a new militia without
an international obedience was created to carry on the Temple's mission."

Sinclair