Re: Bruce, Douglas, and Sinclair

>At 12:48 PM 23/12/01 -0600, John Quarterman wrote <snipped>:
>
>>Come to think of it, I've observed a fascination with Sinclairs
>>in Belgium, too, including tours to Scotland that feature Rosslyn.
>

>Aw c'mon John!   Having just visited in April, I wouldn't blame anyone for
>putting Rosslyn Chapel/Castle on their itinerary - fascination with
>Sinclairs or not!  It's a breathtaking, mysterious, enchanting,
>thought-provoking place.
>
>Now _after_ visiting you'd probably develop a fascination with Sinclairs!

Actually, they knew about Sinclairs in advance.
The particular people in Belgium I'm thinking of
had been reading some of the books we all talk about,
 http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/index.html

I don't mean Morrison or Roland St. Clair.
 http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/sinclairgenealogy.html

However, popular books such as Holy Blood, Holy Grail
 http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/speculation.html

and various books sold by Rosslyn Chapel Trust,
 http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/Online_Store/index.html

They all feature Sinclairs, Templars, Masons, ancient traditions, etc.

So I pulled out my passport and showed it to the woman who was
actually going on the tour.

``You're one of...'' she gasped, ``the family!''

``Yes, and I'm touring Europe reviewing our international strategy,'' said I.

Fortunately, I've known her a long time, and I don't think she believed me.

>Now if that wasn't enough to do the job, I'd strongly suggest joining this
>mailing list - that oughta do it!

Oh, I'm not sure just everybody is ready for *that* step. :-)

Somewhat more seriously, if any of you haven't yet joined your local or
national clan or family history organizations, I recommend you do so:
 http://sinclair.quarterman.org/organizations.html

>Cheers and Merry Christmas,
>
>Ian Newman - at exactly midnight, Christmas Eve/Day,
>upside down in Oz
>just saw a prowler outside dressed in some red getup.

Wasn't me; I'm pretty much on the other side of the earth from you,
in Buffalo at the moment.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>