Re: Clan Sinclair Database.

At 01:29 PM 12/11/2001 +0100, Lena wrote:

>... The data base is NOT a private one
>but the Clan Sinclairs database. And it is NOT a one-way database when
>it comes to ones own line...

In August I asked Lena  if there was anything in the Clan Sinclair database
on John Sinclair who married Margaret McKintosh on 23 October 1681 in Dyke,
Moray, Scotland.  Lena answered "sorry to say I did not find anything on
that particular line within the database."

If the database had been accessible to me, I probably would have browsed
around a little to determine if there was another John Sinclair who married
another Margaret in that timeframe.  Since I am only guessing at the names
of this couple, I would have searched for the names of the children whose
parents I am seeking.

I have never understood the purpose of a Clan Sinclair database which is
not open to all who are interested in the Sinclairs.  If the only problem
is related to living persons in the database, then I am sure that something
could be done to resolve that problem.

Are there other reasons for restricting access?

Richard Huseth