From: <kealoha8@hotmail.com>
To: <sinclair@matrix.net>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: My Sinclair Background......Warm Aloha from your cousin in
Hawaii. My great, great grandfather was Capt. Francis Sinclair, from
Caithness, Scotland who took his family to New Zealand where they lived for
about 15 years. He and his oldest son were lost at sea, and by 1862 or 1863,
his wife and remaining children decided to leave NZ, and move to Canada.
First, they spent the winter in the Sandwich Islands with the plan that they
would leave in the Spring. Learning that the family desired to purchase land
for a sheep and cattle ranch, the King offered to sell different parcels of