Re: Discussion Formalities

Dear Lenna, purported Godmother of Margaret's Rachel

Sinclair is my real name. I have no aliases. Do I owe you money? Are you an
investor in one
of my companies? Are you pregnant and claming paternity? I have different
email addresses. I
have listed them all on this list. I have been since childhood known as
Sinclair. The real
thinking behind this question is pre-eminently practical and applied. It is
directed to what is
close at hand and personal. In general, it can be said that this mentality
manifests an
undeveloped, childlike, or primitive character; instead of the thirst for
knowledge, curiosity;
instead of judgement, prejudice; instead of thinking, imagination or
dreaming; instead of will.
Where you take up an objective problem, do not content yourself with solving
riddles; where
you battle for knowledge and understanding do not content yourself with
faith or superstition,
or make assumptions.Of what relevance are my Christian name to you?
Existence is no more
than the precarious attainment of relevance in an intensely mobile flux of
past, present, and
future.

I prefer to write about the history of this amazing family. I am bored with
if it is snowing in
Melbourne or who is staying the weekend, coupled with smile faces made of
colon and
paragraph endings

Time is pushing me inexorably along. I am approaching the threshold of age;
in 2085 I shall be
144. I must stop the activities of youth and begin take on the dignities and
gravities and inertia
proper to that season of honourable senility.

Many people feel empty, a world that seemed so strong collapses. Years have
been wasted on
stupid strife. The values gathered together vanish, the strategies for
survival become
ridiculous. Our lives become a story, a bad anecdote. However it may be
possible to remember
these adventures with a kind of irony.

Sinclair