Re: Mea Culpa, mea Culpa + gloassary

Donald,

It's really very easy - you state your opinion about a person's work,
rather than the person themselves.  EG: In the case where Tim said "John
Millar is, to say the least, a bit
'flakey'." - this is an "ad hominem" attack on a person, in other words, it
says something about the person themselves.  If, instead, Tim had said
"John Millar's work is a bit flakey" this would not have been an personal
attack but rather casting aspersions on the person's work.  This is the key
difference.  Say what you feel you need about a person's work, but don't
say it about the person themselves.

Hope that clarifies
Milamba