[an error occurred while processing this directive]
>At 12:48 PM 23/12/01 -0600, John Quarterman wrote <snipped>: > >>Come to think of it, I've observed a fascination with Sinclairs >>in Belgium, too, including tours to Scotland that feature Rosslyn. > > >Aw c'mon John! Having just visited in April, I wouldn't blame anyone for >putting Rosslyn Chapel/Castle on their itinerary - fascination with >Sinclairs or not! It's a breathtaking, mysterious, enchanting, >thought-provoking place. > >Now _after_ visiting you'd probably develop a fascination with Sinclairs! Actually, they knew about Sinclairs in advance. The particular people in Belgium I'm thinking of had been reading some of the books we all talk about, http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/index.html I don't mean Morrison or Roland St. Clair. http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/sinclairgenealogy.html However, popular books such as Holy Blood, Holy Grail http://sinclair.quarterman.org/books/speculation.html and various books sold by Rosslyn Chapel Trust, http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/Online_Store/index.html They all feature Sinclairs, Templars, Masons, ancient traditions, etc. So I pulled out my passport and showed it to the woman who was actually going on the tour. ``You're one of...'' she gasped, ``the family!'' ``Yes, and I'm touring Europe reviewing our international strategy,'' said I. Fortunately, I've known her a long time, and I don't think she believed me. >Now if that wasn't enough to do the job, I'd strongly suggest joining this >mailing list - that oughta do it! Oh, I'm not sure just everybody is ready for *that* step. :-) Somewhat more seriously, if any of you haven't yet joined your local or national clan or family history organizations, I recommend you do so: http://sinclair.quarterman.org/organizations.html >Cheers and Merry Christmas, > >Ian Newman - at exactly midnight, Christmas Eve/Day, >upside down in Oz >just saw a prowler outside dressed in some red getup. Wasn't me; I'm pretty much on the other side of the earth from you, in Buffalo at the moment. John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html