[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Richard, Richard Huseth wrote: > In August I asked Lena if there was anything in the Clan Sinclair database > on John Sinclair who married Margaret McKintosh on 23 October 1681 in Dyke, > Moray, Scotland. Lena answered "sorry to say I did not find anything on > that particular line within the database." > > If the database had been accessible to me, I probably would have browsed > around a little to determine if there was another John Sinclair who married > another Margaret in that timeframe. Since I am only guessing at the names > of this couple, I would have searched for the names of the children whose > parents I am seeking. Well, I did all that and more..... and if you had given me some more information, the name of the children for example, it would have made the search much more adequate. Please give me what information you have and I will give it an other try. > > > Are there other reasons for restricting access? Yes there are. Many researchers does not take lightly to others just copying their hard work. That's one of the reasons why the access is restricted and why we just give away information on a persons particularly line. However I can also see your point of view and there is no reason why we can't have yet an other database. One that is open to us all. But in order to do so we need the submitter approval to do so. That might be a little bit difficult when it comes to past submitter but from now on we can ask anyone who submits data to say either yes or no to participate in the open database. So when submitting, please let me know if you want to be part of the free or the limited (or both) data base. I will update the genealogy page with this information. Best Lena > > Richard Huseth > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html