[an error occurred while processing this directive]
At 01:29 PM 12/11/2001 +0100, Lena wrote: >... The data base is NOT a private one >but the Clan Sinclairs database. And it is NOT a one-way database when >it comes to ones own line... In August I asked Lena if there was anything in the Clan Sinclair database on John Sinclair who married Margaret McKintosh on 23 October 1681 in Dyke, Moray, Scotland. Lena answered "sorry to say I did not find anything on that particular line within the database." If the database had been accessible to me, I probably would have browsed around a little to determine if there was another John Sinclair who married another Margaret in that timeframe. Since I am only guessing at the names of this couple, I would have searched for the names of the children whose parents I am seeking. I have never understood the purpose of a Clan Sinclair database which is not open to all who are interested in the Sinclairs. If the only problem is related to living persons in the database, then I am sure that something could be done to resolve that problem. Are there other reasons for restricting access? Richard Huseth [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html