[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Katherine Kurts had a cute little play on words relating to this matter-- something like "the lack of evidence does not mean the lack of existence" If she is lurking, I respectfully ask her to re-post her remark as it fits this topic quite well. I agree with Tim that we must stick with the facts and not rely on speculation. Where we are lacking knowledge, we should, as I think Steve is saying, continue to search and use speculation as a pointer in our investigation. The lack of knowledge is a poor excuse to end intelligent inquiry, but the blind reliance on speculation is likewise a poor substitute for the truth. Steve St. Clair" <steve@planetcentral.com> says: Mr. Wallace-Murphy recommends we "fantasist(s)" stop entertaining ourselves with what might have happened and adhere to the facts that are known. My question to Mr. Wallace-Murphy is this - What do you suppose motivates us to go out and seek those truths that are not yet known? I suggest it's the possibilities, the fantasies that we want to prove. If we adhere only to what's known, and adhere only to a path of what's already been discovered, I suggest we'd never learn anything So let's ask ourselves - If something is not proven, can it have existed? . [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html