[an error occurred while processing this directive]
At 07:05 AM 6/14/01 +0200, you wrote: > To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being >wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that >men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but >they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. >And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what >we do not know? > > Socrates > BC 469-399 > > Perhaps the root of our trouble is that we sacrifice all the beauty of >our lives, to imprison ourselves in totems, taboos, crosses, sacrifices, [ Excess quotations omitted. ] Dear Sinclair, Socrates and Sinclair-- Two wise men observe death dispassionately, yet with insight, hopefulness and peace. I wonder why it is that conscious dying is a choice not many consider as an option. I hope when my turn comes, I will face it expectantly, consciously aware that I'm passing through a veil into a new dimension. I'm anticipating another adventure. Thanks for those words, Sinclair. Myra Perala Portland, OR [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html