[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Both my sister and I were Federal Employees at the time, both in the Mid-West, and it could have been either of us. The day of the bombing was the only day in 35 years that all 4 of my children called me at work. It was a scary day for all of us. BUT closure comes only from GOD and each individual learning to forgive. I hope I have taught my children this, but if I had been a victim, who knows how they would have reacted. My prayers goes to the families left, that they find solace and can go on with their lives. But I do agree, there should have been NO NEWS coverage on this day. On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:40:39 +1000 Jean Stokes <sinead@milamba.com> writes: >Dear Niven, >I agree it should have been done quietly and with discretion, but >after >all, a polite entertainment of our ancestors was to watch the hangings > - >was it at Newgate? And to drive out to Bedlam and watch the idiots at > >play. We have a taste for the gruesome. (Even back to the Roman days >of >Christians and lions.) >I suspect the American people may have been wanting his head in >reparation, [ Excess quotations omitted. ] [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html