Re: the St Clair name

<PRE>Ian, desc = descendant   VA= Virginia    I am sorry, I just tend to use a lot
of shorthand              I have been researching for a long time mostly on
my husband's Cordova family but also on my mother and father's lines. My
mother has been researching her lines for over 30 years, is a former
librarian and a schoolteacher for a time, knows what she is doing and has
forced some organizations to correct records that had been submitted to them
with incorrect information that they accepted as true.    I am interested in
the Hugh Dupuy research on my mother's side and the Sinclair/Stewart lines on
my father's side. I am interested in actual records people have been able to
locate re (regarding) Hugh's marriage to the St Clair; interested in the
history of these families which I am well aware of. I am posting my own info
so that you all will know who I am and what lines I am researching. Also I
have a curiosity to throw out for a response regarding the question where did
the rooster come from on the family crest and have this to say: a rooster
announces the light, the dawn and the morning star. The rooster is possibly a
hidden symbol few would recognise or consider for what it is unless they knew
the history of the family and their Templar ties. I think it is a symbol of
John the  Baptist.  -Gay Dvorak