A little help

Folks,

I am trying to find information about Sinclair in Newfoundland and have had little luck.

I have Martin Sinclair born Sep 1872 in Brigus Newfoundland and immigrated to the US in the 1890s. I have his US naturalization papers, marriage record, death record, and various US census.

His parents were Duncan Sinclair and Mary Whalen. This Duncan could have been from Scotland as my father used to say his grandfather left Scotland due to a question about ownership of a horse or something like that.  Or perhaps it was Duncan’s father.

In any case I have a Sinclair family in North River in voters lists and McAlpines  (Duncan, William, John, Martin, and Matthew and Mary a Widow) and these seem to be the family.

I have access to the New England Historical Genealogical Society in Boston (and have gone through their few books on Newfoundland) and a LDS Family Center not far from my home.

I understand there is little information on Newfoundland. (Martin married Alice Foley also from Brigus and I have seen a few more Foley but have been able to match anything.)

Are there any suggestions on where I should next look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Sinclair