A U.S. Descendant of Sinkler of New Hampshire

I am David St.Clair, now of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My father was
William St.Clair (1919-1994), one of four sons raised in the north woods of
Minnesota. Their father was George Arthur St.Clair, if I remember correctly.
I believe that this branch of the family (about to die off, I'm afraid,
without any male heirs among my cousins to formally carry on the name) leads
back through Pennsylvania (as St.Clair) to New Hampshire in the 1660's to a
Sinkler (William?).

I was curious if anyone knew how and when the first Sinkler showed up in the
Colonies?