Re: A Peeve

Only the holder of a title may use the title by itself, i.e., only Lord
Sinclair may simply sign "Sinclair."  Even a holder of a territorial
designation who is not a member of the peerage may not sign by the
territorial title only, i.e., Kingerly, but must affix his/her forename or
initials.  Note, however, that it is appropriate to use just the territorial
designation when addressing the person, i.e., "This is Kingerly;" "Dear
Kingerly."

Glen

 donsinc@shaw.ca writes:

> Let me see. Someone finds the use of the name Sinclair offensive?  On the
Sinclair list?  Sorry. I don't understand the logic, nor do I understand the
lack of logic in the thought process. I have always enjoyed Sinclair's posts
and look forward to many more.