Re: A Peeve

Addressing this issue only, I will concede that when I first saw only the
single name "Sinclair" used, I had some of the same concerns.  I also
recognize that this being a list which discusses Scottish cultural issues at
times, that use of only the single name implies a particular status within
that culture.  However, after corresponding with the individual for some
time, it is quite clear he is not using it in that manner.  Rather, he is
using it as a surname, just as many other people only sign their surname.  I
don't think anyone here is mislead as to his status.  Further, he is not
using his own territorial designation by itself without first name or
initials, thus implying a peerage.

In sum, it would be better that he not use just the single name in this forum
(and I don't address him by such here), but it's not, I think, that big a
deal.

Glen