A Peeve

Since this discussion list was started, I have been on and off depending upon
the topics discussed. I recently signed on again and was about to sign off
again due to the person "Sinclair" and his use of the name. I read Malcholm
of Caithness's discussion of this person but it did not touch on my concern.

There are certain items of protocol that are followed when someone has a
claim to a title. Sinclair does not possess the required title except that he
has that as a surname.

The only person whom is entitled to sign himself as "Sinclair" is Lord
Sinclair who is Murray Sinclair of the Herdmanston Branch of the family. He
is a distinguished soldier who is now bed-ridden as a result of wounds.

Those of us that carry the "Sinclair" surname should be respectfull of his
right and sign with a given name or an initial and the surname.
Respectfully
GDSinclair