Re: Viking Pine and St Margaret's birth place

Dear Sinclair,

   My Encyclopedia Britannica says that St. Margaret's brother, Edgar the
Atheling, who was supposed to become King of England after William the
Conqueror defeated King Harold, but was unable to do so, was probably born in
Hungary so I guess maybe St. Margaret was born in Hungary also.
  The mother of Edgar and Margaret was Agatha, a daughter of King Stephen of
Hungary.  Their father was Edward Atheling (1016 - 1057) a son of King Edmund
II, Edmund Ironside of England.   I thought I read that Edgar, Margaret and
their mother had to leave England and were living in Hungary at one time.

Susan M. Grady
Alexandria, Virginia