Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

Dear List,

Research never proves anything.

  One of the earliest things I learnt at University - it only supports a
Hypothesis. That is how I see all the wrangling about the Templars, about
Prince Henry (was he - wasn't he - a Prince). It may disprove a fallacious
argument, but still if other people believe it - very hard to get rid of it.

The Catholic Encyclopaedia will support the Catholic Position. If there was
a Presbyterian Encyclopaedia ( and there may well be - I don't know) will
support the Presbyterian position and so on.

Wrangling over the Templars and their habits is interesting but also time
consuming.

Any thing else on the agenda?

Regards to all
Jean:
>Tim,
>
>So, let's see, on the one hand, you assert:
>
> >1) the original order was, under papal, orders, supressed and disibanded and
> >its surviving members pensioned off.
>
>And on the other hand you refuse to accept evidence from the same
>organization that suppressed the Templars as to what that organization
>did with the remnants of the order in Portugal and Aragon.
>
>If the papal bull blessing the Knights of Christ in Portugal is not

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]