Re: For Glen Cook, demise of the Templars???

>Glen,
>I tried to e-mail you a link directly to your address, and it came back
>twice. I am going to copy the message which came back, and give the URL
>without sending the link and maybe it will work.
>
>You asked me to relay evidence of the existance and continuance of the
>Templars. Several books have been written which lay out overwhelming
>evidence, in my opinion, that indeed the Templars survived the suppression
>of Pope Philippe and Pope Clement V in 1312. Among these as "Holy Blood,
>Holy Grail", 1983 by Baigent, Leight, and Lincoln (Some contents plausable,
>some not), and "The first Freemasons" by Stevenson (I have not read this
>one).

That's one book that needs to be read with a few grains of salt,
and another book you haven't read.

Which other books would you recommend?

>  Several organizations claim to be the true Templars today. The
>hardest evidence to ignore, however, is found in this website, and its
>linked pages. Seeing the individuals involved. It seems that they are
>planning on being a viable force in the future formation of world policies.
>Let me know what you think. Off list if you wish. I hope I can get through
>to your address.
>
>Please type in the URL to access the link, as I am having trouble with
>getting the link forwarded to you.
>
>http:www.orddotempli.org/

Presumably you mean:

 http:www.ordotempli.org/

(Note only one letter d.)

That group says it depends on the transmission of Larmenius,

 http://www.ordotempli.org/the_ancient_order.htm

so its claims would seem to depend on the validity of that document.

Nice web pages, though.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>