Re: Bin Laden

"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for
you to continue to write."
Voltaire

The British Government imprisoned 6 Irishmen for a terrorist bombing. The
Birmingham Six - Billy Power, Hugh Callaghan, Johnny Walker, Paddy Hill,
Richard McIlkenny and Gerry Hunter - were released in 1991 after the
Court of Appeal quashed their convictions for the murder of 21 people
in two explosions in Birmingham city centre.

After almost 17 years the government said the convictions were 'unsafe'.
At their original trial, which lasted more than 50 days, the six faced what
looked like a rock-solid case based on forensic and circumstantial
evidence, as well as some confessions.

But the men claimed the confessions had been beaten out of them by
West Midlands Police - and the forensic tests were debunked.

These are not the only trials in which evidence was fabricated.  The 1970's
saw Irishmen, in Britain, imprisoned for terrorist acts on which evidence
was fabricated or manipulated.

How many people have been put to death and later found to be not guilty? You
cannot give
a life back.

We can not afford to throw away our values for 'blind justice'.  Blind
justice is no justice!
Blind justice is vengeance.  If we do that the Terroists win.

On the available evidence bin Laden may or may not be guilty of this foul
crime.
Millions of Germans marched to Hitler's governments  tune.  Governments are
not always reliable. Would you have everyone the government declared an
Outlaw shot in the street by a trigger happy policeman or vigilante?
Rodney King's Los Angles experience should be enough to make Americans
question the wisdom of instant retribution.

The 'Pop Tart' bomb was an oversized crate of Pop Tarts that fell thought
the roof  of
an Afghan home almost killing a three year old child.  Afghans are afraid of
the
unknown, to them, food and are feeding the pop tarts to livestock.

"The fight is clearly to preserve our four freedoms: The freedom of speech,
the freedom of religion, the freedom from want and the freedom from fear."
Sandy Sinclair Olympia Washington

There seems to be a tendency in America that if you do not see it 100%
the American way you are against America. You loose your freedoms if
you deny others the same freedoms.  No right thinking person can possible
condone brutality and 'War Crimes'.   No man can but react in horror at the
carnage of the World Trade Centre.   What good is it to win a battle and
loose the very freedom for which so many have paid in blood?

American President Franklin D. Roosevelt expressed elegantly the need for
freedom to be universal.  "Freedom means the  supremacy of human rights
everywhere."

Sinclair

"In the future days which we seek to make secure, we look   forward to a
world founded upon four essential human   freedoms.
  The first is freedom of speech and expression --everywhere   in the world.

 The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his   own way--
everywhere in the world.

The third is freedom from want, which, translated into world   terms, means
economic understandings which will secure to   every nation a healthy
peacetime life for its inhabitants   --everywhere in the world.

  The fourth is freedom from fear, which, translated into   world terms,
means a world-wide reduction of armaments to   such a point and in such a
thorough fashion that no nation   will be in a position to commit an act of
physical   aggression against any neighbor --anywhere in the world.   That
is no vision of a distant millennium.  It is a definite   basis for a kind
of world attainable in our own time and   generation.  That kind of world is
the very antithesis of   the so-called "new order" of tyranny which the
dictators   seek to create with the crash of a bomb.

  To that new order we oppose the greater conception --the   moral order.  A
good society is able to face schemes of   world domination and foreign
revolutions alike without fear.   Since the beginning of our American
history we have been   engaged in change, in a perpetual, peaceful
revolution, a revolution which goes on steadily, quietly, adjusting itself
to changing
conditions without the concentration camp or the  quicklime in the ditch.
The world order which we seek is  the cooperation of free countries, working
together in a  friendly, civilized society.

  This nation has placed its destiny in the hands, heads and  hearts of its
millions of free men and women, and its faith  in freedom under the guidance
of God.  Freedom means the  supremacy of human rights  everywhere.  Our
support goes to  those who struggle to gain those rights and keep them.  Our
strength is our unity of purpose.

  To that high concept there can be no end save victory."
Franklin D. Roosevelt First State of the Union message to Congress