Re: Ode to America message from rob cohn

The attacks on the World Trade Centre and Washington were inexcusable.  We
should and cannot let this degenerate into America vs. Osama.  Osama bin
Laden stands accused of heinous and foul crimes.  He is not convicted. He is
accused.  Bin Laden is entitled to the presumption of innocents. British
soldiers have their feet on the Afghan ground.  As long as the Americans
keep bombing from 3 kilometers above the earth, inadvertently killing
civilians and dropping oversized crates of 'Pop Tarts' through the roofs of
civilian homes they will not differ from the organizations they are
fighting.

It is peculiar that now America has been attacked we must rally to the
terrorist war.  They were no call for war when Kenya lost 207 of its
citizens in 1998 to terror.  The Americans did not rally when the IRA
perpetrated terror on London; as a matter of fact they financed them.

On 12 September 2001 the whole world reacted with heartfelt sympathy for the
odious criminality that left almost 4,000 dead in New York. The rooting out
of terror cannot be at the expense of civil liberty.  We cannot permit
crimes to be committed in the name of righteousness.  We must listen to the
complaints, we must not let Israel continue to colonize Palestine land and
assassinate its citizens. We must be sensitive to foreign troops occupying
the Muslin holy land. Americans must stop presuming that McDonalds will
outsell escargots. The world was not made in America.

American newest 'traditional friend' seems to be Romania with the
publication by the newspaper Everimentul Zilie of 'Ode to America'

We cannot disregard the fact that George W. Bush and now Colin Powell have
called for the death of bin Laden a War Crime expressly forbidden by Laws
and Customs of War on Land (Hague II); 29 July 1899 and Article 8 (2) (a)
(i) and the War crime of willful killing expressed in Geneva Convention 1949
and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, G.A. res. 217A (III), U.N.
Doc A/810 at 71 (1948).
Article 10
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an
independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and
obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
Article 11
1. Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed
innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he
has had all the guarantees necessary for his defense.

Sinclair