RE: Another Remembrance - Thanksgiving

> Gary M. Sinclair wrote>
> Prefacing with, I am not a politically correct person, I will add
> that Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the injustices done to the
"Indians",
> past and present.
> It is a time when we need to remember all the negative things
> done over the centuries and those that have been perpetrated recently and
still go on.

Interesting.  I've never thought about remembering "..all the negative
things.." on Thanksgiving.
I suppose that Thanksgiving is celebrated or not celebrated in many ways.
Thanks for the reminder.

I think that I'll stay with our Clan's "Thanks Giving" tradition....right or
wrong.  We (my family) have a lot to be thankful for and we will spend time
together, each of us, in turn, talking about the many things that we have to
be thankful for.  Quite often, a tear or two is shed in the process.  God
has blessed us and we are indeed thankful.

At least in *my* situation, I don't believe that we spend enough time Giving
Thanks.  This year, my wife's grandfather won't be with us, as he died
earlier in the year at the ripe old age of 93.  As the children,
grandchildren, parents, sister, cousins, nephews and nieces, gather at our
home, we will be thankful for the blessings that we have received.

This is just a thought about the "way we do it" in our Clan.  I am hopeful
that this tradition continues and we never stop being "thankful."

Thanks for sharing and thanks for allowing me to share.

Aye,
Mel of South Carolina