Re: Another Remembrance - Thanksgiving

As William Faulkner said, ``The past is not dead. It's not even past.''

This used to apply to the American South, but these days it seems to
apply to the whole world.

Right now, I'm thankful that the tornado last night only took down
the electricity for half a day (some of you may have noticed the list
was slow for a while and the web server was inaccessible; that was why).
It also filled all the cattle tanks.

Thanks to you all for participating in this list, which continually
turns up new ideas, connections, and people, past and present, of whom
we might have heard but of whom we often gain a new appreciation.

And thanks to Gary for facilitating it.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>