RE: Costal Challenges of Caithness

Hello Mel,

I don't think the sailing blood continues too far down. My great
grandfather came from Caithness, but he was crofting, and a miller and
carter - no mention of fishing. I don't think any of his sons did either.
My father swam -- like a stone - had a fishing runabout and a few
adventures in that. I am terrified on the water the whole time; my husband
loved it when younger, and many wild and woolly sails occurred on Port
Phillip, in boats he built himself. My brother has the distinction of being
a member of Royal Brighton for over 50 years, although I don't really know
how active as yachtsman he was. His son is now a Reserve Officer in the
Royal Australian Navy, and my son was a Sea Scout. But all of what you say
about 55 minutes of pleasure seems to be pretty true for Mark also. He says
Haven only needs one letter to make it Heaven .
Thank you for your sailing diversion. I for one found it most interesting
to read about the  lives of current members of the family.

jean