Land Grants for Scottish Planters to Ireland

Dear sir/Madam

My family history goes back to the early 1600/1650 error when the Rev.John Sinclair,son of James Sinclair of Wester-Brim.  Settled  in the north of Ireland [Ulster]. The name of the estate was Hollyhill, in the Parish of Leckpatrick,near the town of Strabane.What I am trying to find out is how did he obtain this Estate and from whom.Here's hoping some one can advise me about land grants ect.

Yours Truly,

Ian C. Sinclair
icsinclair@home.com