Re: NIVEN'S THOUGHTS?

Dear Niven:

Thanks for the reply.  The Henry Sinclair connection is on the second page of
"The Temple Stone" area of my website.  Bill Buehler's recent posting will add
some of his special insight, and I'm interested in what you and Tim think.

Temple Kirk is owned by the Midlothian Council and supervised by Historic
Scotland.  To do anything in the Kirk or on the grounds you'll need "permission"
from the first and "scheduled monument consent" from the second.  Good luck!
Perhaps you are better connected than I am.

If you plan to ask for permission I'll give you the name of Historic Scotland's
Inspector of Historic Monuments for Midlothian, although I suggest you set your
sights higher if you can.

If you get consent, let me know.  I can point you in the direction of three
likely areas to scan.  One of them would be easy to miss.  Oh, and don't fall
into the Esk!

All Best!

Jeff