today's tragedy

Dear John and all my American  relations and friends,

I can only say how deeply shocked, horrified, terrified,  we felt,by the
spectacle of nightmare unfolding on our screens last night (Australian
time) as we watched. The unbelievable had happened and was continuing to
happen as we sat transfixed. I grieve for you, and for those who died. I
have admiration for the courage of those we saw helping to rescue those
they could before the final collapses. Our prayers for the souls of those
who have died, and for those who are so frightfully injured and yet survived.

As President of Clan Sinclair Australia, and on behalf of the Committee and
members I offer our most sincere sympathy to all .

Jean Sinclair Stokes.