Re: "Some FOOTPRINTS in time"

Myra, It may sound sappy but it is true that we don't often take the time to
see beyond the outer person.  We in our family were lucky enough to be
surrounded by many of the "elders" as we grew up and heard all the wonderful
family stories we would have otherwise missed.  I heard the other day a quote
"Whenever a person dies, a museum burns" this too is pretty sappy but if you
think about how much the  older members of this list teach the rest of us it
does have true meaning.  Possibly the way it is expressed is too sentimental
for some but true nonetheless.  Therefore let us pray for longevity for our
older and wiser family members to help the rest of us find the knowledge to
pass on to the next generation.  A personal aside, our son who to my
knowledge is not an overly sentimental young man informed us a few days ago
that they will name their first daughter Georgia StClair Gellis,  I'm not
even sure that he knows that Georgia is a name passed down through his
great-grandfathers family but needless to say I am thrilled.  Thank you for
the poem as a friend that I sent it to found it very moving as she volunteers
with the elderly in a nursing facility and is very soft of heart.  Best to
all, Charlotte Gellis