America's Stonehenge

Subj:   Re: America's Stonehenge
Date:   6/23/2001 5:50:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:SusanG1400">SusanG1400</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:sinclair@quarterman.org">sinclair@quarterman.org</A>

Hello!

     I have some additional information about "Mystery Hill" In Salem, New
Hampshire or "America's Stonehenge", about which a television program called
"History's Mysteries" will be shown on the History Channel television channel
on July 3.
     Barry Fell, the Harvard-educated epigrapher and excavator of sunken
Spanish galleons, wrote an excellent book on the Celtic (Irish) exploration
of America.  This book is called America B.C. It was published by
Quadrangle/New York Times Book Co., NY, NY in 1976.  Barry Fell is deceased.
The book is out of print and available in libraries.  I have read this book.
Mr. Fell states that Mystery Hill was settled from 800 BC - 600 BC by people
from Ireland who worshipped a sun god named "Bel."
     Charles Michael Boland wrote in his book They All Discovered America,
published by Doubleday, NY, NY in 1961 that Mystery Hill was settled by Irish
monks who were fleeing the Vikings who were raiding Ireland.  Mr. Boland said
the Irish monks settled Mystery Hill in the Tenth Century A.D.  This book is
out of print and available in libraries.  Mr. Boland is deceased.  I own this
book.  I think it is the best book I ever read about everyone who discovered
America.
    Someone asked about James Whittal.  He died in Rowley, Massachusetts in
November 1998.  I own a book that has his picture and a short biography of
him in it.  This book tells all about the investigations carried out by Mr.
Whittal and others of pre-Columbian (before Christopher Columbus came to
America in 1492) settlements in New England.  This book is called New
England's Ancient Mysteries by Robert Ellis Cahill.  It was published in 1993
by the Old Salt Box Publishing House in Salem, Massachusetts.  As far as I
know it is out of print, but it may be in libraries or you may be able to buy
it from the publisher.  It goes into great detail about many places in New
England that were settled by people from Europe before Christopher Columbus.
     Ever since I was a child, I have been interested in who discovered
America.  I only learned about my Sinclair heritage in 1995 (Prince Henry
Sinclair discovered North America in 1398 AD.) so now I know why I have
always been interested in this subject.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady
Virginia Commissioner