Re: re:Death quote -- Who said that?

 To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being
wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that
men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but
they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils.
And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what
we do not know?

 Socrates
 BC 469-399

 Perhaps the  root of our trouble  is that we  sacrifice all the beauty of
our lives, to imprison ourselves in totems, taboos, crosses,  sacrifices,
steeples, mosques, races, armies, flags, nations, in order to deny the fact
of death, which is the only fact we have. . We should not rush to meet death
but we should not fear it.  There is nothing wrong in dying doing something
we love. It is as natural to die as to be born.

 We are members of a family that has spread across the length and breath of
the world as long as that family lives and we have contributed to it,  we
shall live.

 Sinclair