Thou shalt not kill...

It is an interesting question for servicemen and servicewomen.  Our chaplain
at RMA Sandhurst answered an officer cadet's question with reference to
Matthew 19:18:
He [Jesus] saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, ...

This allows sufficient interpretation to allow a sailor, soldier or airman
to do his/her duty.

Nevertheless I am most inclined to Mark 12: 29-31
28: And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together,
and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first
commandment of all?
29: And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O
Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all
thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the
first commandment.
31: And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Yours aye

Iain

www.iain-laird.co.uk