General Election

Last night, John Sinclair, Viscount Thurso, was elected as the Member
of Parliament for Caithness & Sutherland.  He was the only hereditary
peer to put his faith in the democratic system and to stands for election
as a Liberal Democrat for the House of Commons.

He follows in the footsteps of his grandfather and a whole list of illustrious
forebears who have represented Caithness at Westminster.

Congratulations, John.

With our Chief in the House of Lords (having been democratically elected
by his fellow peers) and John in the House of Commons, we can be assured
that the voice of reason will still be heard in our Houses of Parliament.

Niven Sinclair