Re: para-genetic

At 15:09 21/05/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >Those people of Sinclair ancestry who, because of the custom of adopting
> >the name of the father,  no longer carry the name of Sinclair are generally
> >referred to as para-genetic Sinclairs
>
>That's an interesting perhaps self-fulfilling prediction.
>
>A google search shows four Bill Buehler articles as the top hits using
>this term related to genealogy.  All the others google finds are from
>this list, all either explicitly attributing Bill or Niven or following
>up articles written by them.
>
>But perhaps the usage will spread.

Para-genetic is self-explanatory and, although it was originally and correctly
coined by Bill Buehler to describe those who were Sinclairs by descent and
by spiritual affinity if not by name, I have been happy to use the same
descriptive term because it has a unifying quality of meaning which embraces
and includes us all.  I like that concept.  I hope it will spread.  It will
enrich our
language which is already rich beyond price.

Thank you, Bill.

Niven Sinclair