Re: sinclair-digest V2 #500

At 10:05 21/05/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>in my mind, and also per definition, in the Sinclair Global Database a
>living Sinclair is anyone alive with or without the surname Sinclair but
>with a Sinclair line somewhere (five years ago, fifty years ago, two
>hundred years ago.....)
>
>Lena
>manager of the Sinclair Genealogical Database.

Those people of Sinclair ancestry who, because of the custom of adopting
the name
of the father,  no longer carry the name of Sinclair are generally referred
to as para-genetic
Sinclairs and have invariably shown themselves to be every bit as proud of
their ancestry
as their "Sinclair" cousins.

"A rose by any other name.........................."

We welcome them all.  The Clan would be a poorer place without them.  There
is a rich
diversity here united by common ancestry and uncommon talent.

Niven