Re: Sinclair matters - Communication

Sinclairs All;
Every so often it is valuable to recall the unique culture of communications
that we have developed on this list that now comes from around the world.
And if there is a foundation it based on respect. Never before in the
history of the world has a family been able to share information, ideas and
communicate so effectively as we have over the past few years. If our
ancestors could only see us now!

It may be valuable to watch and summarize a fraction of the accomplishments
we as a network of individuals have accomplished over the past 2 years since
John started this list and web sites have been developed.
# a forum where the "Clan Chief" can share greetings
# a forum where direct cousins have connected over distance and formed
relationships
# a method where historical lessons have been formulated and exchanged
# a forum where ideas can proliferate, and the human experience can be
observed
# a forum where the Sinclair culture and identity can be appreciated
# a place where the studious abilitiy of our genealogists can abound
# a place which can summons us together to meet in locations around the
world
# a forum where events can be co-ordinated and celebrated
# a place to emote (with respect)
# a place to form friendships over distance and across the lake.
# a place where Sinclair knowledge and culture can be collected for eventual
storeage on web sites for universal consumption.

Like everyone on this list I stand in admiration of our Sinclair individuals
around the world that each in their in their own way create ripples through
their lives that may touch all of us if we are but patient. In the last
weeks I have toured the tunnels  of the Temple of Solomon, learned a bit
about the crusades, chortled on Canadian political culture, and shared
something on Highland Mary. Even when I have nothing to contribute, I am
educated by those around. Keep up the great efforts and I pause to thank you
again John for creating such an excellent forum and starting every day with
something to read about for Sinclair history.  As Niven wisely suggested it
is the values we share and preserve together that can go forward to make
this world a somewhat better place.
Neil Sinclair Toronto/PEI/Forvever Argyll