Re: Those St Clair of the Isles, etc

At 18:16 25/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Donald:   I just responded to your e-mail about the Lords and Earls, and this
>response is about Those St Clairs etc  I neglected to read the Lords and
>Earls message down the page to it's origin, an interest from me about your
>Caithness Family Tree.  Just to keep these ideas separate in our thinking,
>1. Yes, please send the copy of the tree, and 2.  I will send a copy of the
>St Clairs of the Isles, but first I want you to know of a later development.
>After much work and the waste of some 400 sheets of paper trying to do this
>at least somewhat porofessionally, I gave up and had a local copy shop do the
>whole jub, including the same grade of binding on the original copy.   My
>costs, less postage, is about $9 US.  Your decision now is whether I should
>send it First Class (about three weeks) @ $1.40, or Air  about 7 days, I'm
>araid to ask how much!
>Let me know.  If you have a need in your library for Caithness, Orkney and
>Shetland families of the 1800's, ala Roland St Claire, it's worth the money.
>If this work is published again, it's sure to be much more.  On the other
>hand, if you sweat out the CD Rom disc program that's in the works, you will
>get a lot more for a lot less.
>
>I'll wait for your answer.     Ray

Ray,

As I copied the St Clairs of the Isles for Dr Andrew Sinclair (a copy which
is now
at Noss Head) and,as the Earl, Judy (Fisken ex Rosslyn Chapel) and I have
copies of the St Clairs of the Isles (which we refer to and quote from
regularly)
there is no need for a further 'copy' to go to Noss Head.

We are, as you know, continually on the look out for copies and one
(fortunately)
became available in Australia which I have purchased and donated to Clan
Sinclair.
Australia where Milamba will make good use of it as she is light years
ahead of the
rest of us in amassing and collating genealogical information.  The amount of
material which is available for study in various locations throughout the
United
Kingdom is mind-blowing.  We have only scratched the surface of Sinclair
history.

We were an incredible family.  I do not know what occurred in recent year which
caused us to drop the reins of power and influence - although, having said
that,
Churchill had two Sinclairs in his inner cabinet and Margaret Thatcher had
our own
Earl handling delicate affairs of State.

Niven Sinclair