RE: Prince Henry in the New World

 "When bad men combine, the good must associate;
else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible
struggle."

		what a gem...thank you Sinclair...

		but,

	From where I sit the Scots have had a deep and lasting impact on at least
Nova Scotia  - and the name is well put to (at least some of) the people,
who in turn have had some trifling impact on the world. The City of Halifax
was founded 250 years ago by the English commander of a regiment at Culloden
and that little cultural disagreement manifests to this day between Halifax
and Cape Breton. The English having won in America can sometimes be akin to
their having won in Ireland.

	This impact preceeds the Clearances and Culloden, some are trying to
establish by just how much. How futile that may be remains to be seen...

	And New Scotlanders did manage to preserve the traditional Scottish Culture
intact for a coupla centuries after it was stamped out in Scotland...then
exported it back in time for Scotland to regain her nationhood. The "safe
haven" theories aren't that much a leap after you come to terms with
that...as it manifests itself around you daily...

	and if you spent any time on old wooden boats sailing this coast you would
know that if Henry was indeed a true sailor he would have set out in search
of any legend gladly with each morning's tide...

	I am sincerely enjoying all of the discussion betwen your good self and
Rory, and appreciate as always your contributions to this discussion,

		   sincerely,
			rob cohn
			halifax, New Scotland, canada

Great ideas but is this a result of the Princes visit or is it by the a few
modern day good men who do not have the needs of Henrys time? Are you Edmund
Burke good men associatingand  what does Henry bring to the table? Whether
he came or went,
seems speculative and immaterial,  the Spanish. French and English had
lasting impact.  The table of brotherhood that was set in Canada is a feast
that all men must wish to share, but was Henrys memory only and excuse for
the  wonder of the day. I do not envy you you place at the table we were all
there with you. In unity there is strength.  In Clan there is family In
brotherhood there is love.

Sinclair