Re: Prince Henry in the New World

Dear Sinclair
The Spanish, French and English had lasting impact only in the imperial
paradigm.  (I do not mean to imply that there cannot be therefrom only bad
outcomes.)
But you cannot measure the gift of Prince Henry within the imperial
paradigm -- just as  you cannot measure the length of a soul in centimetres.
If you insist on centimetres, I quit.
Yes, we are moderns interpreting the voyage of Prince Henry --- as if the
methods and mental attitude of Columbus has remained intact these 500 years
either.
Apples to apples and oranges to.....................
Rory in Toronto.