Re: Sinclairs to Aust. on the ship Palmyra 1839.

Hi,
we are also Sinclairs although we came out much later but our Australian
forebears were here from 1823. Margaret (Milamba) has much of our
information, but can I suggest you contact Clan Sinclair Australia through
milamba@milamba.com and join the Clan association here. That way for a
small sum you can be part of our organisation and have access to all the
interesting things happening  here.
Hope you can join.
Regards
Jean

At 07:44 PM 25/06/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Any information about the Sinclairs who arrived in Aust. on the ship
Palmyra in 1839 would be more than gratefully received. Names from the
passenger list of that ship are John, Christina, Catherine, Alan, Mary,
Euphemia, Jean, and Margaret Sinclair. Slowly piecing together information
as I have found it, I would understand that John and Christina were married
and Alan was a baby of 2 or 3 months of age. I am having difficulty
establishing the relationship of the other Sinclairs. There is strong
connection between these Sinclairs and my gg. grandmother Catherine Cameron
(9 or 10 years of age), who came out on the same ship, but is not named on
the passenger list. John Sinclair for example, was a witness at the
marriage of Catherine Cameron and my gg grandfather William Davis of Sixth
Creek (later known as Cherryville). I would be absolutely delighted to
establish contact with anyone who has any knowledge of these people. Very,
very slowly, I am filling some of the gaps. But !
>I believe gaining knowledge of the Sinclair family is a key to finding out
something about Catherine Cameron, about whom we know almost nothing.