Re: Leif Ericsson and such...

Actually, Neil..That was my point..Leif wandered though the eastern
seaboard while Columbus had journey's to islands Off the mainland.
A great Main argument you make, Neil, when you talk of the growth of
knowledge. Who did win W.W.II or who could lay claim to civilization,
for starters. I was taught that Civilized people had to have the
following: written language, working of metal into tools, the ability to
set up a permanent or series of permanent settlements and trade, war and
diplomatic machines. My definition does not jive with Mr. Webbers in the
5th grade. The spread of knowledge did not depend on his criteria...But
I may be wrong..Cousin Gord...