Re: sinclair stuff

Dear Lynn---Could that have been the William Sinclair that married Mary
Berry on the eastern shore of Maryland?  The Berrys were a relatively
successful family of Quakers who raised tobacco.  They were one of the
families who founded the first lending library in the colonies.  Their
initial donation to the library fund was 400 lbs of tobacco, as I remember.
 The way my Nana (Grandmother Sinclair) told it, is that William Sinclair
received a letter from Scotland saying he could come back as the threat of
death had been rescinded by the English.  However, he chose to stay in the
colonies because he felt that Mary would not be accepted because she was
the daughter of a farmer.  Does this mesh with any of the stories you have
been told?  Best wishes, Kay